24 May After Surf Bites
Quick, easy & nutritious, make your own booster bars.
After a couple hours surf these bites come in perfect timing to help you recharge your fuel and keep going.
They are full of nuts, cereals, seeds combined with honey and simply taste delicious.
Here is our recipe for you to get cracking on in the kitchen.
Makes 40 bites depending small or big sizes.
125g unsalted butter
150g soft brown sugar
125g raw peanut butter
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
200g porridge oats
150g dried fruit (apricots, raisins, sultanas, prunes, dates either singly or in combinations)
150g mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, poppy, linseed…)
Heat oven to 160ºC/Gas mark 3
- Grease an line a baking tin or dish, about 20/22cm square.
- Combine butter, sugar, peanut butter, honey & grated citrus zests in a deep saucepan over a very low heat. Leave until melted, stirring from time to time.
- Mix the oats, dried fruit and mixed seeds in a bowl and stir in the melted butter mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Spead the mixture in the baking tin evenly, smoothing the top.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown at the edges and on top.
- Leave to cool down entirely before turning out & cut into square bites with a sharp knife.
Bars can last unto 5 to 7 days in an airtight tin. Our bars never last more than 2 days and we are 4!! How long does yours last in the biscuit tin?